Dec 18, 2014

18 ginger cookies

Our Christmas tradition is to bake ginger cookies with friends before Christmas. I started this tradition when we where still living in Finland and my son was just one. At the time the children only concentrated on eating the dough. Now they can do it and I just watch.
It has been fun sharing this tradition with others that may visit our house for the first time and maybe have never had a Scandinavian small and thin ginger cookie. This year we have two cookie evenings, first we make them and then we decorate them.
I did stay up on baking evening and baked many many more. I love the factory mode I go into and how the cookies look on the baking paper. The dough is never ending. I will put them in small bags and give to friends and my sons teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment