Jan 25, 2013

where home is

In Kanada I loved the English feel, being closer to Europe. There where tea houses and book stores, with book covers I could understand. Boring and intelligent books looked plain and romantic novels where pink. People spoke really clear English and they understood what I was saying. Coming back to Seattle felt familiar and felt like coming home. I loved the lights of a big city and seeing different looking people all riding the same bus with us. I felt Seattle is a good place to live with my family.
I saw a dream being back in Finland. It was snowing. When I woke up I was home sick for Finland.  We discussed with my son about who we are. He wanted to be just Finnish and I tired to convince him that being at least Seattleite if not American is kind of cool. I compared being both Finnish and Seattleite to being able to choose between being Batman or Superman. 

No comments:

Post a Comment